Monday, October 3, 2011

Simple Doctored Up Brownies

I love coffee. I love it love it love it, especially now that I am a mother to a two year old.  I've been doing some research to justify my addiction and I've found a little bit of info that says my coffee consumption may be healthy. According to Web MD, "A growing body of research shows that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are:
  • less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
  • have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes."
Alright! Here's what I can tell you about coffee. It goes brilliantly with chocolate. I know a ton of you make brownies from the box. Great. I do too. My favorite are the Ghirardelli Triple Brownie mix. It tastes darn close to perfect-made-from-scratch brownies.  Here's a tip, replace the water called for in your recipe with cooled coffee. You can do that with your boxed mix or with your favorite recipe. I promise you won't have coffee flavored brownies. Instead your brownies will be more CHOCOLATEY.

Give it a try. More flavor and antioxidants. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment