I checked Williams-Sonoma's recipes and came across Biscotti all'Arancia. Doesn't biscotti all'arancia sound so much prettier than orange biscotti. I really think that the Italian language gives you a better idea of how special this biscotti is. It's not just blah orange. It's WOW orange. Ya feel me?
Since this was my first time making this recipe, I didn't change anything. I can't copy it to my blog unfortunately but I'm going to give you this link which will take you right there. OK? You're going to love it, I swear.
You'll notice that candied orange is one of the ingredients called for in the recipe. I'm going to tell you how to make it. Easy peezy.
What you'll need for candied orange peel: 3 large oranges, 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar.
- Remove just the orange part of the peel with a potato peeler.
- In a sauce pan, cover the the peel with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Drain the water.
- Return the peel to the sauce pan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Drain the water and remove the orange peel.
- Make a simple syrup by combining 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar and heat over medium.
- Once you see that the sugar has dissolved, add the orange peel and boil over medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove the orange peel and let it dry. Once it's dry, you're ready to rock n' roll.
- Before you add it to the biscotti dough, chop it up. OK?