A lamington is an Australian sponge cake, shaped like cubes, sometimes filled with cream or fruit, dipped in chocolate and coated in coconut. My version is a store bought, Sara Lee pound cake made with raspberry preserves and dipped in chocolate. No coconut this time.
- Frozen Sara Lee pound cake. Buy whichever size you'd like. I used the family size.
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup chocolate chips, dark or milk, doesn't matter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cut pound cake into bite size cubes.
- Cut each cube in half.
- Fill each cube with a half teaspoon of preserves.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Heat the cream to a boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Dip and coat the frozen filled cake cubes in the chocolate.
- Freeze for another 2 hours at least and then serve or store in an air tight freezer safe container.