Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Veggie Salad


Let me just reiterate how much I hate wasting food. I HATE IT! I can't stand to throw away perfectly good food. I would rather go to the store and pick up a couple of items to jazz up what's in my fridge rather than let it go to waste.
The above salad is just one example of what I've done with the odd amounts of veggies I had left in the crisper drawer from last week.

Ingredients
1/2 cucumber
8 stalks of asparagus
6 mini bell peppers
1 granny smith apple
corn from one corn on the cobb
handful of cilantro
1 lime

Chop everything up into bite size pieces. Juice and zest the lime. Combine everything and enjoy.

Chances are you won't have the same veggies in your fridge but I bet you will have a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Don't let it go to waste! Make a fresh little salad.

1 comment:

  1. That salad sounds great. I also dislike tossing food. Nick Ingrande can attest to that.

    ReplyDelete