Monday, October 17, 2011

Tartine Bakery in San Francisco

Tartine's Pastry Case

I was up watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network late one night. The topic of the show was Sweet Tooth. They featured Morning Buns and Double Pain au Chocolate from Tartine Bakery in San Francisco. As soon as I finished that episode, my mom and I are were plotting and planning our next trip to the Bay Area. I was determined to try their double pain au chocolat.

Let me reassure you, that chocolate croissant was worth every mile traveled to San Francisco. I thought I knew what a croissant should taste like before my maiden trip to Tartine. Nope. I was wrong. This croissant was buttery and flaky beyond belief. And the chocolate. Oh the chocolate. It was dark and rich and full of flavor. PERFECTION! The people at Tartine know what they are doing.


My entire family joined me. My husband is a quiche fanatic and so he devoured a piece of yummy ham and corn breakfast pie goodness. It was really light and fluffy and worth a return trip. I wish we could've ordered even more but we'll be back. Mark my words. Tartine Bakery is amazing. 

I'm a sucker for cookies and want to try these next time.

Pretty, right? I'll have to let you know on my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment