Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Savory Lemon Ricotta Bread




I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I know I did. We spent time with our families and ate and ate and drank and traveled. I'd say that's successful.

I stumbled across a recipe for a quick bread on Williams-Sonoma that looked easy and delicious. I thought I would use it as inspiration for something original. Another success! It's buttery, slightly lemony, and a little crumbley. May I suggest serving this bread warmed up with an egg over easy and bacon? Home run!

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 stick of room temp butter
  • 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 1/4 tsp lemon extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 6 ounces of Greek yogurt
  • 1 egg
Directions 
  • Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  • In a separate bowl mix butter, ricotta cheese, zest, and extract.
  • Add the milk, egg, and yogurt to butter mixture and mix well.
  • Combine wet and dry ingredients and pour into a loaf pan.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread. When it comes out clean, the bread is done.
  • Let cool on a wire rack in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan and let it cool completely on the rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment