I set out to make a salad today, nothing special just whatever is in my fridge. I happened to have spinach, apples, tuna, and romaine. Normally I would just mix tuna and mayo and put that on top of the spinach with chopped apples. Today, I tried something a little different.
- 5 cups of raw spinach
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 7 ounces of tuna
- 1 large apple
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Chop the spinach until it's very fine. It should measure 1 1/2 cups after it's chopped.
- Combine mayo and tuna. Use more or less mayo depending on your preference.
- Combine the tuna and mayo mixture and the chopped spinach until it's well blended.
You can serve this two different ways.
Directions for Tuna Salad Rolls
- Lay out one leaf of romaine with some of the spine trimmed.
- Slice the apple and lay two slices of apple on the whole leaf.
- Add two tablespoons of the tuna and spinach mix to the apple.
- Roll and secure it with a toothpick.
Directions for Tuna Salad on Romaine
- Chop up one head of romaine lettuce.
- Dice one apple.
- Add the tuna and spinach mixture to the romaine and top with apples.
- Toss with more mayonnaise or whatever dressing you like.
This recipe should feed two hungry people or three modestly hungry girls. LOL! You know what I mean. I could still feel the grittiness from the spinach but not as much. I think I disguised it somewhat. Also, I packed a ton of spinach into a salad. Yeah, nutritious lunch.