Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yummiest Apple Muffin Recipe

I'm always looking for ways to use up the fruit that I buy in bulk. This recipe is one way to do that with apples. These muffins are great to make for brunch or dessert or to bring to a new mommy. I've made these several times, perfecting them. I have a few notes to add to the original author's recipe.
  • Add a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to your apples after you dice them.
  • Also, when I fill my muffin tray, I use my 3 tablespoon ice cream scooper. It makes portioning so much easier.
  • Add a 1/8 cup of oats to the flour, cinnamon, butter, brown sugar topping.
  • Use paper liners, do not just grease your muffin pans. These muffins don't like to come out in one piece.
  • If using dark or non stick muffin pans, lower the temperature of your over to 350. No matter what pan you use, start checking as for whether it's done at 20 minutes.
    • Oh and P.S., if you don't have buttermilk on hand, just add 1 tbsp of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk.

    1 comment:

    1. I am excited to have been one of the 'new mommy' receipients of these. And they are delicious! Mmmmmmmmmm, I could go for right now, as a matter of fact! :)

      ReplyDelete