Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tasty Lemon Muffins

A dear friend of mine, gave me these amazing lemons from one of her trees. I knew I had to make something with them so I researched a little online. I looked for lemon muffins and lemon cupcakes. Most recipes I came across had bad reviews so I went to my old trusty http://Williams-Sonoma.com.
Of course there was a lemon-poppy seed muffin recipe that received a 5 star rating. :)
I tried it out tonight and I must say that it produced a yummy treat. Let me be upfront though and tell you that it will require a bit of work, including whisking egg whites into soft peaks and zesting fives lemons. I think next time I bake these lemon goodies, I will double the recipe to really make it worth while.  Enjoy!
P.S. I didn't have poppy seeds in the house so I omitted them. 
Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
Adapted from The Williams-Sonoma Baking Book, Edited by Chuck Williams (Oxmoor House, 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment