Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Compound Butter

It's 11:30pm Thanksgiving Eve and I'm waiting for bread dough to double in size. I've got another 20 minutes before I can throw it in the oven. So, when am I going to sleep tonight? Good question. I have no idea.

While I'm waiting for the dough, I thought I'd blog one of the compound butters I made today. It's so good. If you love pumpkin, you'll enjoy this.

         Ingredients
  • 2 sticks softened butter
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp pumpkin puree 
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Using a hand mixer or your whisk with your stand mixer, whisk the butter on medium for 3 minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients and beat until the mixture appears pale and fluffy. You can either put it in a sealed container or roll it up in plastic wrap to be chilled.

This recipe is from Martha Stewart Living November 2011 page 62.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment