It was National Candy Day on November 4. What better way to celebrate than to make something from the Halloween candy that's been haunting me? The recipe was inspired by CookiesandCups.com and it's now one of my favorite treats to make. The bottom layer tastes like my favorite See's candy, the butterscotch square.
|Use whatever candy you already have or only buy your favorites.|
|Snickers, m&m's, Baby Ruth, Milky Way, Reese's PB Cups, and Butterfingers|
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and cover the bottom with small pretzels.
- Boil 2 cups of brown sugar and 1 cup of butter over medium heat for two minutes. Stir continuously.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter over the pretzels and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While it's baking, melt 3 cups of chocolate chips and chop up whatever candy you have on hand.
- When it comes out of the oven, spread the melted chocolate over the pretzels evenly and then sprinkle on whatever candy you like.
- Put it in the refrigerator to cool or in the freezer if you need it set faster.
- Break into pieces and enjoy.