Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer BBQ Apricot Chicken

Today was my first time barbequeing, really. I love my oven and stove and rarely venture outside to cook. I'm happy to report that it was a success. What luck on my first try too! Sorry, I don't have a photo. The chicken was consumed before I could get a snapshot. However, let me tell you that this was tasty, easy, different, something that you should try this summer.

First, I marinated chicken thighs in a simple brine.

  • 9 cups of water
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • a couple of bay leaves
  • 3 smashed garlic cloves
Leave the chicken submerged in the brine for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. When you're ready to barbeque quickly throw together this simple and different sauce from Stiletto Chef.
  • 1 cup apricot preserves
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard


Heat the grill on high for a few minutes, put the thighs skin side down and reduce heat to low. When the skin caramelizes, turn them over with a metal spatula. Close the lid and check on the chicken in 5 minutes. Cut open the thickest thigh to check for doneness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment