Friday, July 15, 2011

Mission Valley Cafe

 

I've been told that I should try Lakeside Cafe however, I'm rarely in that part of town. Normally we stay in Mission Valley for breakfast or venture out for an ocean view with our meal. Mission Valley Cafe opened last month and it's the same as the Lakeside Cafe. They are both owned by San Diego Home Cooking. Check out their site for more locations and the entire menu. 

I ordered the Baja omelette. It's filled with bacon, Ortega chilies, fresh tomatoes, jack cheese, and topped with avocado. So good! With an omelette comes your choice of bread or pancakes AND one of many breakfast potato options, fresh fruit, or cottage cheese. Not bad at all. It was enough to share with my kiddo and not have to order a separate meal for him. 

The service was outstanding. Everyone greeted us on the way in and we got a round of thank you's on the way out. 

The interior of the restaurant is contemporary. I was shocked. I thought it was going to look like an IHOP or Denny's but it was really nice. They even have a great bar where you can grab a couple of drinks and an outside patio where your pets can dine with you. 

I'm definitely coming back. Can't go wrong with good food, good service, and a central location.

No comments:

Post a Comment