Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blackberry Chocolate Chip Muffins



I've been wanting to try Williams-Sonoma's Big Blueberry Muffins recipe for a couple of weeks now, but the summer heat has kept me from turning on my oven. Today I gave in. I had guests coming over and I thought muffins would be a nice parting gift. Upon gathering the ingredients and inspecting the quality of my blueberries, I noticed that they were a little overripe and came up with an alternative. Blackberries and chocolate chips.

My guests loved them. Success! If you'd like to try the blackberry and chocolate chip version, omit the blueberries and use 3/4 cup blackberries cut into blueberry size and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Add the berries and chocolate to the flour mixture and then fold in the other ingredients. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment