Thursday, January 29, 2015

Peanut Butter Protein Fudge

Peanut Butter Protein Fudge

So this is something that a couple of my friends were eating as snacks last summer. It tasted like peanut butter honey candy fudge. Dessert. At that time, my son was going through a phase of eating nothing but kids granola bars that had a 1000 ingredients. After my friends shared their similar recipes, I knew it was a treat I wanted to make for my family and I was hoping it would replace my son's bars.

Ingredients
16 ounces of natural peanut butter
1 1/4 cup of honey
2 scoops protein powder
2 1/4 cups of oats
3/4 cup of flax seed powder

Directions
Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Empty the peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat for one minute. Stir. If it's not soft, keep heating it in 30 second intervals. Combine the peanut butter and honey first.  Then add in the last three ingredients and mix well. Press the fudge into your prepared pan and cool in the fridge for an hour so it firms up. Cut it up into about 32 pieces and seal it in a ziplock bag so they stay fresh. Store in the refrigerator.

I bought Trader Joe's creamy unsalted peanut butter,
I suppose I should have bought a more natural honey but it's so expensive. This worked.

This is a marshmallow flavored protein shake powder.  I've used a chocolate one before and it tasted the same. I wouldn't try a berry flavor though.

Organic oats from Trader Joe's. 

I buy this flax seed at Costco and I use it to fortify everything my son eats.

Lining the pan makes for such easy clean up. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment