Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reese's S'mores Rice Krispies Treats.

For the past month, I've been prepping for a very special baby shower. My dear friend Sarah is expecting her first child and I couldn't be more excited. My plan was to be in charge of the dessert table, oh the possibilities.

I was going to make a sheet cake, cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, daisy sugar cookies, and snickerdoodles. I got all of those done and out of the way. I was so so happy to be finished and ready to get on with the party. Then I speak with Sarah and she tells me that she's been craving Reese's peanut butter cup s'mores. That conversation got me thinking that I needed to make one more thing for the dessert table to satisfy the mama to be's cravings.

And here it is folks! Reese's S'mores Rice Krispies Treats. Super easy and incredibly delicious.


Ingredients
Directions
  • Unwrap the peanut butter cups, chop them, and set aside.
  • Grease your 9x13 pan. I use the stick of butter like a chapstick.
  • Melt the butter over low heat in a non stick pot. I use a stock pot.
  • Add the marshmallows to the butter and stir until completely melted.
  • Turn off the heat and incorporate the cereal in. 
  • Crumble up the graham crackers and add them.
  • Add the marshmallow bits and peanut butter cups quickly or they'll melt too much. 
  • Press into your pan and let set up in the fridge for a couple of hours. I make this the day before so it's nice and firm for cutting and plating.
  • If you'd like, you can add a couple more PB cups and marshmallow bits to the top of the treats. It'll look pretty that way. 
Enjoy!!
Dessert table brought to you by The Good Life.
My sister in law took these photos at the shower and made this collage. Pretty, right?
I'm on the left and that's my Sarah on the right, all beautifully pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment