Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Doughnut Muffins

In my last post I mentioned having a doughnut week on The Good Life. I thought that if I declared a theme, I'd get all creative and be forced to blog. The thing is, I came across some great ideas out in the blogisphere but then I couldn't find the necessary doughnut pan to make the recipe or some other hiccup would occur. So I did what I do best, I made due with what I have. I have muffin tins. :)

I was pretty pleased with the idea of a doughnut muffin. Muffins are a cinch to make and doughnuts are delicious. Combining them seemed like a good idea. I found that if a doughnut and a muffin had a baby, this is what you'd get. This doughnut muffin is a sugary, vanilla, cinnamon delight. If you can, serve these guys warm, so much better. This recipe was adapted from Baking Bites.

Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract

For rolling the donuts:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with 12 baking papers or use a silicon muffin tin with no paper.
Whisk together egg and sugar.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
Add those dry ingredients into the egg and sugar.
Add oil, milk, and vanilla.
Lightly mix until its combined. Muffin batters should not be over worked or they won't rise.
Divide batter evenly and fill about 3/4 of the way.
Bake for 15 minutes. Make sure to test one of the muffins to see if it's done.
Dust or roll the muffins in the sugar and cinnamon. The muffins should be moist enough from the oil to keep that sugar mixture on. If they aren't, you can brush with a little melted butter.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment