Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Prep Kitchen Little Italy

Mmm mmm good is what I have to say about my visit to Prep Kitchen. This location just opened on February 1, 2012 and is located at 1660 India Street in the heart of Little Italy.

Cucumber Honey Mimosa and Pink Lady cocktails

Our starters ... so good. The mussels were tender and perfectly cooked in butter and white wine. Yum. The large cutting board was also a wise choice. I'm going to order it everytime I go back, it was that good. Of course the cheeses, meats, and breads were tasty but the exceptional bites came from the house made pickles and raisins. Best pickles and raisins I've ever had.
Local Mussels and Frites

Large Cutting Board
Roasted Squash Salad
WNL Burger
Pictured above were our entrees. My salad was quite delicious. The squash was sweet and smoked ham, pecans, and balsamic vinaigrette were perfect. My sister had the WNL (Whisknladle) Burger. Thankfully she shared with me. It's difficult for me to pass on a burger that's topped with bacon and an egg. If you love hamburgers, order this one. You won't be disappointed.


Since our starters and entrees were near perfection, we knew we NEEDED dessert.  From left to right, banana dulce de leche bread pudding, salted caramel fudge and pecan brownie a la mode, and Jo Jo's cookie plate. The cookie plate consisted of peanut butter sandwich cookies, butter cookies, and chocolate chip cookies.

This was my favorite of all the desserts, this peanut butter sandwich cookie. I took a picture of the second one because I was so sad that after I ate it, it would be gone. I guess I'm just going to have to go back. But don't go rushing off. Take a few minutes to wander around the restaurant, the bar, and ... yes, the bathroom. Check out this great article from the San Diego Reader about what you'll find unique about the decor.

And I will go back. I want to check out their happy hour.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment