Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Cake Popcorn



It's Valentine's Day Eve. We don't even really celebrate the holiday because our wedding anniversary is the 15th. However, I do like to make Valentine treats for my hubby's office and one day I'll be making them for my son's class. Next year.

Tonight I was inspired by Cookies and Cups' recipe for red velvet popcorn. Love that blog. If you haven't perused it before, please do yourself a favor and take a look.  I made chocolate cake popcorn. It's real simple and especially useful if you have leftover cake.

Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup popcorn kernels
  • 3 unfrosted chocolate cupcakes 
  • 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips
  • dash of salt

Directions
  • Use your handy dandy popcorn setting on your microwave to pop your popcorn in 1/3 cup batches.
  • Crumble up the cake.
  • Spread out your popped popcorn on parchment paper or I like to use silpat liners.
  • Drizzle your melted chocolate all over the popcorn.
  • Salt according to your taste. You might think you don't need any but believe me. It won't have enough flavor if you don't add it but suit yourself.
  • Sprinkle the cake crumbles and toss together. 
  • After the chocolate has dried, store in an air tight container.

Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment