Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Vine Cottage in La Mesa

I tried The Vine Cottage on a good recommendation. The Vine Cottage is a little neighborhood gem located on the corner of Lake Murray and El Paso. I highly recommend coming here on Sundays. It's happy hour all day. Pretty fab. Pizzas and salads are half priced, appetizers are $3 off, wine by the glass is $3 off, and draft beer is $4.

I had the beet salad and sweet potato fries pictured below. I also ordered this great glass of wine. It was a 2009 Novellum, a Chardonnay. Thinking about it now makes me want to go tomorrow for another round of Sunday happy hour. My husband ordered The Vine Cottage burger. Delicious. If you like burgers, you should really try this one.

So here's my recommendation to you, check this place out for their quality food and great happy hour. I know I'll be going back. Enjoy!

roasted beet and wild arugula with goat cheese and citrus vinaigrette

sweet potato fries with Spanish paprika, cilantro, and lime

The Vine Cottage grass-fed beef burger with drunken goat cheese, Anaheim chilies, and a fried cage-free egg

No comments:

Post a Comment