Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ina Garten's Easy Strawberry Jam




Today I'm babysitting my 18 month old niece and 2 month old nephew and of course my 2 year old son is also here. While the older two were playing and I was feeding the little one, I was watching Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. She was making Easy Strawberry Jam and wouldn't you know that I have all the ingredients; strawberries, blueberries, apples, and sugar.

It's simple and delicious. Ina recommends using a candy thermometer, I didn't and I omitted the liqueur. I just watched the consistency of the jam and turned off the burner when it got to a thick jam consistency. Also, instead of superfine sugar, I used regular granulated sugar and blended it in the food processor. Check it out!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/easy-strawberry-jam-recipe/index.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment