Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My San Francisco Ritual

I travel to the Bay Area four or five times a year to see my family. Every time I visit, I spend one day touring The Ferry Market Building, Fisherman's Wharf, and Ghirardelli Square. I never tire of it. Thank goodness, neither does my husband. This time my cousin and sister joined us on our city adventure.
What? All bars were on sale. Buy four get one free. The fifth one was a milk chocolate bar and it didn't make the collage but I'm sure it's delicious none the less. The intense dark sea salt soiree is long gone. My husband and I ate that one the next day. The baking chocolate was a gift for Pink, the vanilla dream white chocolate was a souvenir for our nephew, the milk was for our niece, and the coconut was for me.  All mine. I can't consume it just yet though. I've had so much rich food over the past couple of weeks. I need a break. How about I make a date with that coconut rendezvous next week?
That's my crazy but exceptionally fun cousin. Yep, she's holding onto my son's legs as he splashes in the Ghirardelli Square fountain. It's not that weird though. Look at the kid behind them.
We observed Good Friday at Fisherman's Wharf. I think that's the perfect place to do so. We walked around and settled on one of the many stands lined up on the sidewalk. Crab salad sandwiches and curly fries. Luckily we found a great little table with a primo people watching view. Thank you San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment