Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Downstairs Cafe at Merriman's in Kauai

Shaun and I were strolling around Kukui'ula Village Mall looking for a place to stop and have lunch. We came across the Downstairs Cafe, checked out the menu, and decided to give it a try. I ordered the Crispy Avocado Tacos. In the tacos are fried avocado, pico de gallo, shaved cabbage, more avocado, and tomatillo crema. Let me just say that I wish I had eaten here on the first day of our vacation so I could have come back a couple more times. And the price was right, only $11. Sweet! We also shared hummus which I recommend ordering. It was really flavorful and fresh tasting.
TACOS!

Shaun ordered an equally delicious lunch, a two item mixed plate. It came with teriyaki marlin and pork with sides of mac salad and rice. I tried it fell in love with the marlin.
Shaun's mixed item plate.

In addition to the food being great, the service was fantastic and the outside seating was perfect. From where we were, we could see the ocean and watch all the passers by in the shopping center.
If you're on the south side of Kauai, stop in for lunch at the Downstairs Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment